Monday, February 28, 2011

Back in the Dating Scene!

So my nieces stayed with us this last weekend and I have to recount a conversation I had with Tara on Sunday morning. Keep in mind that Tara is 7!

Tara's looking at me funny and says,
"I just can't figure it out."
"Figure what out?"
"Why you aren't married!"
I was surprised and taken back a little so I said,
"I'm just waiting for you to get older so we can get married!"
She looks at me in a disapproving way and says,
"We can't get married, we're family!"
I put out my bottom lip and acted like I was starting to cry.
"What? I've been waiting this whole time for you!" and then I walked down the hall to the bathroom. She followed me down to make sure I was ok and said to me in a calm and sympathetic voice,
"We can't get married cause we are already family."

It was hilarious! I don't know if my Sister-in-Law put her up to it or something but I guess this means that I have to start looking for someone to marry since I can't marry my 7 year old niece!

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's pretty adorable.