Thursday, May 01, 2008

Horses and stuff

Ok, I know it's been quite a while since I've posted. I apologize! As for those who want to know about the kittens, they are gone. I found them in our attic and caged them and began feeding them. That lasted less then a week. The mom found them and then pulled them out one by one. Since then I haven't seen them. I want to post a picture of where I found them but it will have to wait.
The big news is my brother's neighbor is letting us use her pasture for the horses. We just had to build a fence and then keep it watered this summer. We finished the fence yesterday and let the horses go. They ran down and back a few times and one time, on the way back, my brothers horse looked back at the other two horses and forgot there was a fence and went most of the way through it before turning back. We laughed, it was funny!
Today we let them out again and when we came to get them at sunset we walked down 3/4 of the pasture and instead of running away from us they looked at us. We started smooching and my horse almost ran up to me. It was awesome. So we decided to climb up and ride back, bareback! It was much better than the last time I rode bareback. Last time Big Mac decided he had had enough of the outdoors and wanted back in his stall. So he jumped sideways and left me there. Luckily I hung on and dirt skied behind him until I regained my feet and proceeded to show him who was boss. Anyway, I'm still amazed that my horse would come to me when I smooched at him...maybe I should start smooching at women and see if they come over, that way I would know if they loved me like my horse loves me! :) Ok, maybe not.
That's about it. I'm going to try to post some pictures another day, but I'm going to Bear Lake tomorrow and we leave early so I've got to get to bed.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: