Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Diffidence

OK so maybe I'm just sick of getting all the "fun wall" posts from people but I have to comment on this. I have received so many stupid posts that go something like this:

" hit forward and then you can see who looks at your profile the most..."

Now maybe you wouldn't notice this right of the bat but before this statement said that to view the person who views your profile the most you need to hit Alt + F4. For anyone that doesn't know what Alt F4 does I suggest you open a random window, any old window, maybe another internet window or a Word document or something. It really doesn't matter because Alt F4 does one thing and one thing only in a Windows operating system...it closes the window that is open. Thus if you don't have a pop-up blocker and suddenly get a ton of windows opening up than you can counter that by repeatedly hitting Alt and F4 at the same time. Other uses is you are too lazy to click on the red "X" in the top right corner. There are many useful uses for this function. One of the many useful functions is NOT, I repeat NOT to tell you who views your profile the most!
I don't really understand the appeal of this in the first place. I do not care who looks at my profile! If I did than I would make it so you can't see it unless I specifically allow you to. The only reason I could think of is Diffidence, or if you haven't looked this up yet, a lack of self-confidence. I don't know, maybe it is different for girls to see what guy is interested in them and always checking you out? Perhaps but I for one do not care! You can look all you want, and please comment and leave a little note. I know who my friends are by their posts on my wall or comments on my blog. The rest of you I hope you have enjoyed looking at my life.

Sorry if this was a rant, but I really don't like little things on facebook, like the idea to forward stuff on, or invite everyone to become a part of a group cause I made a bet that I could get "X" amount of people to join.

Also I did not mean to offend so I'm sorry if you love doing these things, just don't include me on your forwards, Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)