Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Year, New resolve

Ok so it's been awhile, I get it. I've been on tour with the Forgotten Carols and I'm claiming that is the reason I've stopped blogging. Oh well!

I feel as though I should apologize for leaving my last post up there. It was a bit bitter, ok so maybe a lot but hey, I'm a 28 year old single Mormon guy, cut me some slack. Anyway, I'm feeling a lot better and am working on being better. So with the new years comes new year resolutions. Now I use to be against resolutions cause I think you should make goals when you need to and not wait till some designated date to improve yourself. But there is something about a new year that makes me want to make a goal. And the best way to keep your goals is tell others so they keep you accountable. So here we go in no particular order.

I want to ride my horse more. This one steams from me not riding from October to January. I figure once a week is a good goal. I might have to up it come springtime but for the winter once a week would be very good. I've bought some flannel lined jeans and some other cold weather gear so I can go ride down the back road.

Ok, next is to work out more and win this years contest between my brothers. Last year if you remember we had a contest for best in shape. Well we didn't really follow through on that one but this year I feel will be different. We've changed the events to be Push ups, Pull ups, Standing Long Jump, Vertical Leap and a swimming event. This way everything can be done at the reunion and doesn't require a gym. I've got me a pull up bar and have already double the number of pull ups I could do!

Next contains a few different things but can be grouped into Church activity. I've already felt the pulls to go inactive and know that at my age a lot of single guys go inactive. I want to go to FHE every week. I know it sounds simple but lots of things pull you away so it's something to strive for. My ward is also doing a Book of Mormon Challenge again where they would like us to read cover to cover before the super activity in June. I also want to go to the temple more regularly. Once a month is the usual so I'll go for that.

The last has to do with Money. I really need to be more financially responsible. I want to track what I do with my money. I also want to just put away 10% of everything. So 10 to the Lord, 10 to savings leaving me with 80% to be responsible with. Along with this I really need to get my own place(unless my parents go on another mission...ha ha ha!) I've been looking a lot lately at homes and apartments and Condos and such. The biggest problem there is my horse. I either have to take him with me or move close by where he's at.

There you have it. Ask me about these goals and make sure I'm doing it. Also if you want to tell me your goals then I'll ask you about them too! That way we all can improve ourselves.

Anyways, here's to a fine 2009!

Oh and I need to add that today is my second anniversary of horse ownership! It's been a great two years Big Mac! Here's to many more!

1 comment:

simplysarah said...

I was actually thinking about you today at my new ward. It was nice to see you post again! Good luck with your resolutions. I love new years.