Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clinton Anderson

So I just got back from a Clinton Anderson tour and it was amazing! I've seen a lot of his DVD's so there wasn't much new information but it has motivated me a lot!

For those of you who don't know who Clinton is, he is a world renowned horse trainer. He has won the best horse trainer in the world title a couple of times. Anyway, to get to see him live and see that horses can be trained and become very nice to be around was exciting. The other thing I really liked was that I felt like I could have fixed some of the "problem horses" that they brought in.

He also said somethings that I thought apply to all of us, horse people and non alike! The first is that to change ourselves we first have to change our attitude. If only we all realized this when we mad our New Year's Resolutions a few weeks ago, me included. No it's important that we push ourselves with goals and such but it's also important that we'll fail in our goals unless we first change our attitudes about whatever our goals are about.

The second saying was that success is just around the corner, we just need to walk a few more steps to reach it. This reminds me of something my freshman Book of Mormon teacher taught me. He always said that in astronomy that you can see the farthest on the darkest nights and said in our darkest moments if we look we can see the farthest. I've had those moments where everything seems like it's against you and you don't know what to do. If we turn towards the Lord then he can show us things that we might never had noticed during our time of plenty so to speak.

Wow, I wasn't planning on going Churchy but I guess that's what happens.

Anyway, I think this is going to be the last week of the Christmas beard. I'm helping out the YA's on Saturday and I'm sure that John won't let me go if I don't shave. It's been a lot of fun having the beard! So many people have said they really like it and a few have said I need to shave, but there will always be those trying to kill the buzz! Don't worry though, I'm planning on shaving in increments and taking pictures in between!

So until next time - peace!

1 comment:

Kel said...

I have some great pictures of S shaving his beard before leave, and I can't wait to see yours!