Sunday, November 29, 2020

Thanksgiving and a new house

 So we ended up getting out of one of the houses and we moved into our new home that was going to be a rental.  It's probably for the best because this will allow us to get out of all debt and make it our own.  I am a little sad about not having as much land as we did in Draper.  It really gets to me when we can't even park our RV at our house. Oh and when I moved all my saddles to a small little shed that wasn't fun.

We had Thanksgiving this year at Flynn's house. It was great to have everyone there and see everyone.  They got some pre-smoked turkeys and then reheated them on a smoker. It was delicious!

Ok, now for the story that got me to want to post.  Yesterday I was putting up our lights outside for Christmas. It was just me and Clara and I was letting her climb up the ladder to "check for bugs". She even came on the roof with me to adjust some lights.


This is her happy as can be sitting at the top of our roof!

Well as we went to the side of the house our neighbor has some rocks and a window well, cover over his basement windows.  I was on the ladder and she kicked the rocks like she likes to do. I told her, probably a little too sternly, not to do that and to stop kicking rocks.  She then said she was just going to come up the ladder with me to do her checks.  Previously, I had let her go up by herself or would help her climb higher by following behind her.  I didn't want to step on her fingers so I told her that she couldn't come up right now.

She climbed down and said she was just going to go in the house. I asked her why and she said, "Because you are mad at me!" I told her I wasn't mad I was just trying to keep her safe. She then said, "You ruin everything Dad!" This broke my heart a little and I climbed down after her and went inside to find her. I sat down with her and told her I loved her and that I was sorry for getting mad. Later we watched a movie together and ate popcorn. I think she's doing alright and knows that I love her.

Anyways, here' kind of the final picture of what we got so far. The single strand of lights across the top goes up and down both sides of the house.  I'm sure Tamisha will have us put more up soon.



No comments: