Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Thanks be to Jason and Amy and Anonymous for still reading(and probably Mary Lynn). So the other day the Stage Manager of Forgotten Carols needed to talk to me and one other technician. He said, "I'm too busy with my real job so I won't be around much anymore(he really wasn't around much anyway), so could you guys step up to the plate and take over? Matt can you step in and be the Stage Manager, and Fred can you be on stage instead of running spot?" We both agreed, and he said our pay would reflect our new work! So I get a raise and the only thing more that I have to do is open the house and start the second act. So I guess I am now the Stage Manager of the Forgotten Carols! Pretty cool title!
The other cool thing in my life is that I will be running sound for Jericho Road today. Joe called me up and asked how my sound ears were, I said I've run sound for Living Legends before and he said that's enough for him. It's too bad that I'll be gone next week cause they are doing a lunch show for the First Presidency next week. It's funny how once you are in a line of work than the opportunities start opening up like none other. John also invited me on tour with the YA's for 10 day to Southern California, so we will see where this takes me for now.
I am still thinking about moving though. I have the East Coast or Seattle as suggestions so far. I think it would be way fun out East but still a little hesitant because I like living near family. Anyway, that's the update!

2 comments:

Jason Graham said...

Family smamly! GO EAST! I'd be there but I love my job.

Unknown said...

I also, occasionally, when I can remember the link, read your blog. :) I was gonna say you should wait and see where I get into grad school and move there... but then I read that you're avoiding siblings. So that's pretty dang lame. I love Seattle, and the east coast is kind of fun for a little while. Not a lot of LDS girls, if that's what you're lookin' for, but the YSA, though small, was pretty frickin' awesome.